Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old March 4th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Forum Leader

Default Two Books Out This Week

My book, Looking Through the Eyes of Trauma and Dissociation: An Illustrated Guide for EMDR Therapists and Clients" is finally out this week after years of promising it! It has over 100 cartoons (drawn by myself) to illustrate technical aspects of trauma. Available through amazon.com.

Additionally, Robin Shapiro's second volume of EMDR Solutions is also out. This book has lots of good writers contributing chapters.

I think Marilyn Luber's is around the corner. Another one with lots of good information in it. I'm looking forward to both books.

Shapiro's and Luber's are written for professionals; mine is intended to facilitate communicate between therapist and client so it is for both.
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Two Books Out This Week

Hello, Sandra!

I just finished reading your book (cover to cover, I might add!) and really enjoyed it. Having attended the workshop you gave in Boise several years ago, it was great to find the information even easier to understand and follow in this format.

2 questions:

1. In your bibliography, you list 'Taming the Storm: 43 Secrets of Successful Stabilization' as a workshop given at EMDRIA Seattle. Is there any way I can get that information?

2. I have several clients with significant dissociative symptoms - one of whom is diagnosed with both DID and BPD. Do you ever do professional case consultations, and if so, what would be the cost? We've integrated many of her alters over the past 4 years, but she's been stalled for a while now and I'm stumped.

Glad to find this forum and hope to hear from you soon.

Paula
www.stress-less-boise.com
Old June 2nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
Forum Leader

Default Re: Two Books Out This Week

Hi Paula, nice to hear from you. Thanks for the kind words on the book. It is doing really well and I'm hearing from clients and therapists alike that it is helping them understand this gnarly area of therapy.

I do tons of phone consultation. Please contact me at sandra@paulsenphd.com (or through www.bainbridgepsychology.com and we can talk about how it is structured.

Regarding 43 Secrets of Successful Stabilization - it wasn't taped because we were going to do an article. The article hasn't happened. I'll talk to my co-presenter about getting that out. Ask me again in a few weeks and I'll see if I've made progress.

Warmly, --Sandra