Behavior OnLine Forums  
The gathering place for Mental Health and
Applied Behavior Science Professionals.

Become a charter member of Behavior OnLine.

Go Back   Behavior OnLine Forums > >

Notices

Old January 9th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Forum Leader

Default New Book on EMDR & Dissociation

Because so many posts over the last years have involved discussion of dissociation, there have been many requests from practitioners for information about the use of EMDR with that population. At last, a book has been published for that express purpose:

2008. Forgash, C. & Copeley, M. Healing the heart of trauma and dissociation with EMDR and ego state therapy. NY: Springer Publishing.

In the name of full disclosure, I authored a chapter in the book.
Old March 13th, 2008, 05:50 AM

Default Re: New Book on EMDR & Dissociation

Thank your for your recommendation. Can you recommend some more resources in working with patients with DID presentations?
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Forum Leader

Default Re: New Book on EMDR & Dissociation

There are so many, but a few of my favorites are (and I don't have them with me, so this is from memory).

Frank Putnam (about 1986) Multiple Personality Disorder

Both volumes on the subject of dissociation in the Psychiatric Annals of North America

Colin Ross 2nd edition Dissociative Identity Disorder (partial title).

But the very best thing to do to study this subject is the training programs given out of the International Society for the Study of Trauma & Dissociation. The have in person trainings in some major cities, and a very popular online course with all the best articles.

If your interest is in EMDR and dissociation, there are a few of us giving trainings, which you can find at www.emdria.org.

There are also several books on ego state therapy, notably Watkins & Watkins, Phillips and Fredericks, and Emmerson.

I hope to soon finish a book on ego state therapy that has over 100 original cartoons in it to communicate key concepts.
I can see my memory is sketchy, so if you have trouble making sense of the above, let me know. I'm out of town until Monday giving a workshop in Kansas City, and leave for the airport shortly, so can't do the research right now.